Note: Swimming lessons are offered through the Town of Sackville's Recreation department.
We believe swimming is not just a sport but a life skill and encourage everyone to sign your kids up for swim lessons through Sackville Swim Club. The Sackville Swim Club (SSC) was established in September of 1975. Over the past 44 years, SSC has produced numerous top performing swimmers who have qualified for many top-tier events such as Canada Games, Junior Canadian Championships, Senior Canadian Championships and Olympic Trials.
For more information, click this link to go to the SSC website: Home of the Sackville Swim Club
MOUNT ALLISON UNIVERSITY POOL
- The Mount Allison olympic-sized swimming pool is on campus and located on the lower level of the Athletic Centre.
- The pool is available for use during scheduled membership swim times.
- Bathing caps are required and may be purchased at the main equipment desk for $3.50.
- For our up-to-date Pool Schedule, go to www.mountiepride.ca and select "Recreation" and then "Facility Schedules." You can also select this link and it will take you there: Click here for MtA Facility Schedules
- Drop in fees; as well as, facility memberships are available: Click here for MtA Fitness Memberships
- For more information about the pool or for pool rentals, group bookings and inquiries, please contact John Peters at 506-364-2403 or email@example.com
Life guard and instructor courses are available throughout the year. Please contact John Peters at the Aquatics Office for more information; firstname.lastname@example.org 506-364-2403.
Masters Swim Club
The Masters Swim Club is open to Mount Allison University's faculty, staff and students; as well as the Sackville community aged 18 and over. This program is not offered through the summer months. The Masters program is designed for adults at any age/skill level with a focus on stroke development and improvement, and swimming skills that promote lifelong fitness. All skill levels are welcome, and individual programs are designed for the specific goals of participants over the course of the term.
The coach for the Masters Swim Club is Brenna Rothfuss, from Cookville, NB. Brenna will be offering a combination of new activation/stretching techniques on deck; technique/drill oriented practices and “endurance focused sets.” She is striving to provide a breakdown and understanding of the strokes; as well as, building your personal technique and endurance! Congratulations to Brenna for recently achieving her Masters Level Coaching Certification; she is also a trained Level 2 Swim Canada Coach!
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019 (approximately 26-38 sessions per term)
Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:30 to 7:30 pm
If you have a pool membership or wish to purchase a pool membership ($170/year), the Masters Swim Club program is available for the cost of $110.00 and the whole program consisting of approximately 56 sessions. This works out to $5.00/night, if you were able to attend every session!!
If you do not have a pool membership or are unable to commit to 56 sessions, there is the option of buying a 20 session pass for $150. This works out to $7.50 per class, but you will only be paying for the classes you actually attend. This pay-as-you-go option will help provide both stability for the program, while offering flexibility to those who may be unable to make a good number of the sessions.
Note discounts on a pool membership are available: current Mount Allison faculty & staff can purchase a Premium Fitness Membership for $150/year via our Employee Payroll Deduction Program. MtA alumni and members of the school board receive a 10% discount on memberships (the Masters Program is not discounted but the Pool Membership is).
- We encourage you to consider purchasing a pool membership, which provides you unlimited access to member swims at the pool 12 months of the year!
- Payments can be made by cash or cheque only. Please make cheques payable to 'Mount Allison University.'
- To make your payment or to purchase a membership, please visit Kim Graves at the Athletic Centre (3rd Floor) (please pass on an extra welcome as Kim is our new Athletics & Recreation Administrative Assistant). Office hours are Mon to Fri, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm and closed daily from 12-1:00 pm.
- The administration of the program is now paperless, so in lieu of cards and punch passes we simply email attendance to the administration after class.
If you know anyone who may be interested please pass the information along! We welcome all new members to the club. Thanks so much for your invested interest and support! We hope to see you in the pool!